Monday, November 7, 2016

LYNAY'S SONG - WHY I LOVE HILLARY

By Lynay Marthann Erickson
November 7, 2016


WHY I LOVE HILLARY 


As a young girl growing up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in the early 1960's, my Mother, a Democrat,  and my Father, a Republican would typically argue politics at the dinner table each night. In the end, Mom won most of the battles, and they lived happily ever after. Then came the day that I came home from school, and Mom told me the tragic news. Kennedy had been killed. I cried along with the millions of others who grew to adore John F. Kennedy. Nothing would be the same again.

At that point, I became disconnected from politics, and Mom and Dad bought me my first horse, "Denmark Babe". Babe calmed me down and allowed the pain of the Kennedy assassination to drop back deeper into my memory. It wasn't until the mid 1990's that I started paying closer attention to politics, but ever since my friend Babe, horses have been the love of my life. 

During the the Clinton administration, something caught my attention, and I drifted back to politics. It was Hillary Rodham Clinton, the First Lady. She just seemed like a woman who wasn't afraid to show her intelligence, and demonstrated courage by fighting for women's rights and healthcare for all, and just seemed to power through the constant criticism. I just felt she was, and still is, a wonderfully brave woman.

Due to a divorce and all of the drama involved, I sat out the 2008 election if you can believe that. However, in 2012, I proudly voted for Barack Obama, and absolutely hated Mitt Romney. President Obama will always have a place in my heart.  I trust Obama with my life. The amount of class and dignity that he has displayed as our President, even in the face of racism and obstructionism makes me proud of my vote. He's second to none.  

Now Hillary, still strong and steady, is about to shatter that glass ceiling and I am so excited about this election, but I am also scared. Her opponent is the most evil, despicable, narcissistic, human being. I shudder to think of him in the Oval Office. I'd like to wrap him in duct tape and send him to Putin.... the Treasonous son of a bitch.

This has not been just an election. This had been a battle if good against evil. And good must prevail. I love Hillary because she is brave, and kind and very, very intelligent. One of my favorite quotes of hers is "When they throw bricks at me, I use them to stand on." That explains who Hillary is. Never give up, be strong and you can accomplish anything. She gives America hope, freedom, safety, and love. That is why I love Hillary. She is my role model. Tomorrow night, should she win, just may be the greatest day of my life. I hope to be able to stick my head out the window and yell as loud as I can....

 ..."MADAM PRESIDENT". 

Lynay Marthann Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment